Last Updated: Feb. 12, 2011
USE OF LinkedHR forum CONSTITUTES YOUR EXPLICIT ACCEPTANCE OF THESE GROUP RULES.
LinkedHR forum offers members a virtual place to meet, interact and share ideas respectfully with each other on the topic of Human Resources or HR professional development.
Discussions are questions/ideas that CLEARLY invite member responses related to Human Resources Professional Development.
Jobs are actual SALARY-BEARING job opportunities for HR professionals.
Promotions are Group-relevant postings with any of the following attributes:
- Are not SELF-CONTAINED, requiring clicking on a link to access information (i.e. news, blog, or resource announcements)
- Promote a product or service (even when free), blog or website, a LinkedIn Group or other social networking community, an event, or a survey
- Are self-promotional (e.g. personal introductions, holiday greetings, job requests, or networking calls)
- Are not CLEARLY a Discussion as defined above
Inappropriate Postings are postings that are:
- Not in English
- Not CLEARLY related to HR professional development
- Harassing, abusive, or threatening
- Attacking individuals or groups
- Derogatory, unprofessional, or disrespectful
- Harmful to minors, obscene, otherwise objectionable, or in violation of any U.S. law
- Infringing on intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties
- Calling for trivial or pointless comments (i.e. “Define your goals in three words)
- Multi-level marketing or other pyramid scheme offers
- Non salary-bearing Jobs
- Jobs that do not include a job title and location in the Job Title area
- Jobs that do not include a job description and qualifications in the Additional Details area
- Jobs that do not abide by U.S labor laws (i.e. don't discriminate on gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability)
Misplaced Postings are postings in Discussions that SHOULD BE in the Promotions or Jobs area.
DO’S & DON’TS
- Post items that EXCLUSIVELY and CLEARLY relate to HR professional development.
- Be kind, polite, respectful, and professional
- Always post in the proper posting area: Discussions in Discussions area, Jobs in Jobs area, and Promotions in Promotions area
- Do not post Inappropriate Postings
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor postings and, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE, delete Inappropriate Postings, and move Misplaced Postings.
LinkedHR Forum allows members to move Misplaced Postings. If your posting has been moved in error, please contact Community Administrator (see “For More Information”).
The deletion of an Inappropriate Posting and the move of a Misplaced Posting both constitute a WARNING. We reserve the right to restrict, remove, or block members WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE. Member’s Permissions may be changed to “Require Moderation” after any Inappropriate or Misplaced Posting. Members may be removed and blocked if they:
- Egregiously post an Inappropriate Posting
- Post Inappropriate Postings more than once
- Misplace postings more than twice
- Spam or harass members
- Break a LinkedIn User Agreement rule (i.e. “DON’TS”)
The Group Owner, Chief Evangelist, and Group Managers are allowed to post links to white papers, audio/video recordings, events, surveys, affiliated social networking groups, products, services and other Group-related resources in the Discussions area announcements.
NO RESPONSIBILITY/NO LIABILITY
In no event does LinkedHR Forum assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any posting. You agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against LinkedHR Forum with respect to these rules, including, but not limited to, member posting, posting restrictions, deletions, or moves, and member restrictions, removals, or blocks.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Steve Madsen, Community Manager
Copyright SEP Forum, 2011